Sunday, December 17, 2006

Harry's Health, and Ruthie's Christmas woes. . .

Well, let's put it this way - I came out of the appt. this morning in tears, with everyone in the waiting room trying to look away. What's wrong with her child? Did she find out about some terrible illness? No, she was crying despite her child's increasing health. He had maintained his weight as of yesterday, had no fever, and his cough is sounding better and better (though still gross and mucousy - for some reason he sounds worse in the dr.'s office than at home), but the Dr. said "if it were my child, I wouldn't go anywhere for Christmas". The tears I tried desperately to hold back (as I was within 2 ft. of the Dr.) were met with what I assume was an attempt to comfort (but made it worse, poor man), when he said something to the effect of "your child's health is more important than where you are on Christmas - you can make up for it next year." So here we are, trying to decide what to do. Sarah will leave tomorrow morning, as she's greatly missed in Hot Springs and needs to get ready for the crowds that are expected. We see the Dr. again on Tuesday, and probably on Thursday, and I'm hoping to fly out by Saturday. We'll see. Please pray that the Lord would guide (and, of course, that his guidance would be for Hot Springs for Christmas!). Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment