Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Simon

You know how kids can hear lyrics differently than they're actually written? (Hark, Harold the Angel Sings?) We've got one of those going on right now...Sophie's latest is "I Happy Simon to Follow Jesus." Her derivative of the second verse is "I Happy Whitney still I will follow." (We have a friend named Whitney, so that's what happened to "though none go with me..." She's been singing it so enthusiastically the last couple of days, and I'm enjoying it so much, I have yet to correct her. I figure she'll get it right eventually, and for now, whoever Simon is, he's very happy!

2 comments:

  1. That's great. Go Sophie.You make us happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really funny. One of my favorites--can't remember who invented this one--"We bring the sacks of rice on trays" (into the house of the Lord)

    ReplyDelete