Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Texarkana Baby is learning to crawl

Mary Clem (yes, I realize no one knows what to call her and I just make it worse by varying her name so much) is learning to crawl, and is very frustrated that all she can do is go backwards. This is how I regularly find her:
And I've succumbed. Everyone in TX puts their children in the bluebonnets for photo sessions this time of year, and the rebellious part of me has refused thus far just because everyone does it. But now I've got a baby girl with a cute pink dress, and those bluebonnets were calling my name. The following picture should be viewed with this song in your head:

7 comments:

  1. The bluebonnet picture is perfect. In time, we all succumb to the pull of the bluebonnets.

    I love the look on her face in the first pic. Go M.C.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first pic especially Ruthie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ruthie, she is a doll. And that little song is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. come on ruthie - everyone is doing it :) and aren't you glad you gave in - so precious! and what a great momento of Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The other day Clint and his male co-worker were driving by a field of bluebonnets and Clint said sarcastically to his friend, "OOOhhhh! Let's stop and take a photo in the flowers!" They laughed and laughed. I think they've both been pulled to the flowers by wives and girlfriends against their will.

    ReplyDelete