Saturday, February 5, 2011

Charmed


Jackson lost a front tooth last night, while eating spaghetti of all things (the other front tooth is barely hanging on, making for a snaggly-toothed boy, as you can see.) He's lost one bottom tooth already, for which he received a dollar coin from the Tooth Fairy. This time he wrote a note with his tooth, requesting two 50-cent pieces. I didn't know he knew such a thing existed. The Tooth Fairy apparently didn't have time to procure these coins b/c she wrote the following note:

Dear Master Jackson,

Thank you for your note. I regret to inform you that I do not have 50-cent pieces. I prefer them myself, but for some time now the Main Office has required all fairies to carry dollar coins. No explanation was given - just one of those bureaucratic oddities that can't be accounted for. May I suggest, however, that you exchange this coin for 50-cent pieces at a local bank? They are generally willing to accommodate polite young boys on such matters.

Until Next Time,
The Tooth Fairy

P.S. Yes, this is a very fine tooth. Please do keep any supply you have for me.

Our Household Tooth Fairy sounds a lot like a dapper and handsome 30-something in our house. I think I'm going to like her; she's charming.

3 comments:

  1. Your tooth fairy is so charming, yes. I think I'd like to take her our for coffee some time. And the way that she handles the bureaucratic red tape without a hint of fluster. . . I wonder if we could apply for a fairy transfer. Ours is kinda dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! did he need to look up bureaucratic in the dictionary?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the picture, Ruthie. Just wanted to see his adorable snaggle-toothed look!

    ReplyDelete