Friday, June 22, 2007

Long promised pics

AT LAST WE ARE AT GRANDMA AND OPA'S HOUSE!!!!

This is the entrance to Freud's office/home in Vienna. We had such a wonderful time in the city, we had trouble leaving. I felt I couldn't go back there (previous trip had been spent forced to visit musicians' graves) without going to see his house. What was supposed to be a brief in- and-out ended up being very interesting.

We then headed across the central part of the city, gawking at the cathedrals and massively impressive government buildings. We ended with just an hour for the Belvedere, which is famous among other things for its Klimt collection. We saw The Kiss and others. We then headed out of the city and stayed the night at a horribly overpriced Marriott in Graz that was not as nice as they seemed to think it was. But we were really tired.

After our chat with M&R, we have been strongly motivated to get some of our European pictures on the blog. J&E, your photos also provide inspiration. Have a wonderful trip!!! We wish we could be there too!

This is our first day in Germany at the Ernst Ludwig House in Darmstadt (I have a poster of this house behind me in my office). I was so excited to take Keri and Sophie there as it was one of my best memories from my Glee Club trip. There is an entire "colony" of houses there, all Art Nouveau, and beautifully preserved.


























1 comment:

  1. The poppies are great, by the way. You guys are putting together quite an art collection--so much so that I'm sure you'll have to start loaning pieces out to satellite venues around the country.

    ReplyDelete