Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bethany's Wedding, Post 2

Jackson the ring bearer. Matthew thinks, and I agree, that he looks like a politician.

Harry in veil:
Our extended family (2 of my dad's brothers and families, my mother's parents and cousin, and of course my immediate family, Mama & Daddy, 3 sisters - all married!):
None of the pictures I'm posting really captures the dress. It's the same one I wore, as well as my mother and grandmother, but it looked the best on Bethany, no doubt (I'm not being modest). She made cap sleeves where I had short sleeves (it was longsleeved originally and for my mother in the 70s) and just carried off the antique look better. We're debating now what to do with it - would it be intact for one of our daughter(s)? It made it from the 40s, so why not? 

1 comment:

  1. bring on the daughters! (hee hee)

    and i think the picture of harry in the veil is particularly eerie!

    ReplyDelete