Monday, August 11, 2008

Preschool Poetry

Before I send this package off I want to capture my sweet boy's words at 3 3/4 yrs. old.

Jackson at breakfast this morning said he wanted to send Sophie a present, so we found a book and he made an "envelope" (the hot cereal packaging cut into many jagged pieces). He drew a picture on the back, which he described this way:

"A house dragon with steel knives. To capture bad guys and goblins and all of their weapons and all of their pirate ships. With steel chains and flaming fire out of the water with sharks and whales. In the forest of the bears and the foxes. All in the deep, dark cave. All of the foxes and their whole family. They scare people and run away to a different country and meet other people."

I asked, "Do you want to say something to Sophie?"

He continued the dictation with:

"Thank you, Sophie. I love you very much and I'll come to your house one day when you're awake and it's raining and the trees are beautiful, from the beautiful leaves. Bye, Sophie; I love you."

4 comments:

  1. very poetic - you should try to get him published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just received the package decorated by the original dictation. He clearly has that wonderful Wright man combination of tender heart and brilliant mind. All I can say, is that there's some little girl out there who will be a very blessed woman someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what a vocabulary! I'm sure there are third graders who couldn't come up with some of these concepts!

    ReplyDelete