Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A little Cody on our hands?

Yesterday I put together an Advent Wreath, but this morning Jackson decided it needed more (which it did - he has an eye). So he used the acorns he's been collecting to futher adorn it. My favorite touches - capping the candles, a bundle on top of the roses, and an acorn at each corner of the cloth.

In further Dec. 1 news on Lake Austin Blvd.,

- Mary Clement rolled over for the first time yesterday!

- I think I've killed the second batch of ants used to stock our ant farm. The first batch I drowned thinking they were thirsty. Crew Two is looking mighty lethargic. How have I managed to keep three children alive?

- The boys had their 3 & 5-yr. Well-Child Checkups yesterday and both are off the charts for height. This makes me immensely, though I realize irrationally, proud.

- Since they were only 30 cents/pound, I bought 2 20+lb. turkeys the weeks before and after Thanksgiving. I should've figured in labor, b/c I feel like all I'm doing these days is roasting, deboning & slicing turkey, boiling bones, and freezing turkey stock. We've been eating turkey for weeks and the freezer is still packed. (It doesn't help that our neighbor doesn't like dark meat and also bought 2 turkeys. I can't resist free food.)

Happy Advent,
Ruthie

2 comments:

  1. I like the acorn additions. You are a stylin' momma, that is teaching her children well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are trying to keep ants alive? seriously?
    have a wonderful Christmas vacation. look forward to seeing more of you when you return.

    ReplyDelete