Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Grace on Turning Two

Tomorrow Gracie will be two!  So, we’ve been prepping her for this telling her that she will be two, that it’s her birthday soon, etc.  Tonight before bed, we were all playing on the carpet and the conversation went something like this:

Lynn: Gracie, it’s your birthday tomorrow.”

Grace: Pause…  “Oh, YEAH.” (This is her new phrase she pulls out when she doesn’t know quite what to say.  She got it from me.)

Lynn: “How old are you going to be?”

Grace: “Cake!”

And this crystalizes her knowledge of what it means to have a birthday.  She’s been talking about making and eating cakes for the past three to four days when her mom mentioned that this is part of the birthday fun.

So, I end my first postcard post on the blog.  A new method I’m trying to use of quickly emailing in short posts of memorable events from the Wrights-in-da-burgh while simultaneously boosting our post count.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when I was cake years old. A dim fine year it was. Many happy returns to my lovely niece and her parents! MDW

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real Ruthie here. Happy birthday to dear little Gracie. I haven't seen her in a long time, but I'm still butter in her hands. Happy CAKE!! Day, little girl. Don't grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete