Sunday, January 14, 2007

Emily's Sunday Run


For my first post, I'd like to let everyone know that I survived the half-marathon and will live to run another day (although I wasn't sure at mile 11...). It was VERY cold this morning; temp at race start was 29! For the first 2 miles I couldn't feel my feet at all. But by mile 3 I was relatively warm and I spotted our friends, Jon and Mikeal and their 2 little boys, cheering on the sidelines. Then I had to hunker down until mile 9, where Josh, Benjamin and Mara were waiting to encourage me along. At mile 10 I tried my first 'goo' (yuck!), hoping it would give me an energy boost, but to no avail. So I slogged through the last three miles, never so happy to see the finish line: water, food, emergency blankets and my family! Hopefully next year I will find a running partner again (Ruthie, I've got my eye on you!)

1 comment:

  1. You are adorable, and so impressive. I wish I had your stamina (since, of course, it comes by pure luck and not hard work). It's pictures like that that inspire me to start walking, then jogging, then????

    ReplyDelete