Sunday, March 23, 2008

He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

Keri and I have been comparing notes all week about how to celebrate Easter this year, as we're aware that now is when traditions need to begin, now is when our 3 yr.-olds will start to remember from year to year.

I feel really pleased with how things turned out. Here's what M & I decided to do: I baked a hill/tomb to demonstrate Jesus' death and resurrection, and we did readings all week in preparation (got the recipe and idea from Noel Piper's Treasuring God in Our Traditions). And we started the Lamb Cake tradition for real this year. I've done it intermittently before now. And an Easter basket, of course.

I can't wait for you to see what Cody and Keri have pulled off! I know I'm pressuring you to post, but I just love the symbolism in your home and want the world to see! (since the entire world checks this blog)

Here's our tired crew after church:
See the green present in the Easter basket in the above picture? That's from my parents, and contained a dinosoar egg that sits in water for two days while it hatches. I'll post the hatched toy when he comes!
J & E, I imagine your Easter prep/celebrations were minimal due to your travels, but if you have pictures of today, and birthday party, and trip, and. . . and. . .and. . .
He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment