Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Walking Wright Boys

Oh, and by the way, Harry can, in fact, walk now. I failed to announce it on this blog, as I was reminded by at least four people on our travels to Hot Springs last week. Typical response when I put him down in front of friend or family (most recently by Laurel Monday night), "What?! You didn't tell me he was walking! You were supposed to announce it on the blog!"

And of course you know I love the tables being turned, me being scolded about updating the blog.

Harry's crawl-to-walk was so gradual, a few more steps each day, and just now, at 16 months, he's walking all the time. Demonstrating his walking prowess late February, when he was still mainly crawling:
(missing video)
And because I can't resist, here's Jackson's first steps. One day he was crawling everywhere, & then on the day he turned 15 mo. he decided he could do it and walked all the time from then on. I guess I expected Harry to do the same thing, so I was waiting for a clear-cut "oh, now he's walking" point and it never happened. A few explanations of this video - Laurel had just come over for dinner a few minutes after he walked on his own, so this is his second run for the camera. The strange background music is "O Brother Where Art Thou".
(missing video)

1 comment:

  1. wow, that's a lot of walking for jackson's first time! that's how v was too - just like flipping a switch

    ReplyDelete