Monday, March 31, 2008

Springtime

Hi Fam,

A little update from this side of the country:

Springtime is coming to Pittsburgh and it's lovely. The weather is 60 degrees, with a cool cloud-cover; birds are chirping and we no longer need our down coats! It may all change tomorrow, but I think that winter is on its way out.

I've found a permanent job! The temporary placement I'm at now will turn into full time within two months, and I've decided to keep it. I'm working for a relocation company as the admin assistant for a woman who runs the company out of her home. I was offered a job elsewhere last Friday, and when I mentioned that, she negotiated to match their offer; D and I prayed about it and ran the numbers and we think it's the best choice. She lives just 5 minutes from us, and only requires 30 hours a week. I'm so glad to be done searching, and so thankful that the Lord provided something stress-free, nearby and for just a few hours a day! With the extra time I hope to work for a local church, helping to plan one of their summer events.

David is working crazy-busy hours (10-12 a day), trying to write all of the papers and presentations before the semester ends in four weeks. Please pray for him. If you want to pray specifically, he has an hour-long presentation on Wednesday for one of his graduate seminar classes.

We had a GREAT time w/ Josh, Emily and Benjamin; they are such fun and easy-going guests. :)

love to all--

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Lynn: Hurrah for the job being the right fit!

    David: Hang in there, baby -- the end of the semester is near!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, I'm so glad to hear the job has been a good fit. I look forward to many amusing anecdotes...any so far? And I'm so glad it will allow you to still do the classic car rally stuff! Fun times!

    Dave, we will be praying for you. Thanks, Lynn, for keeping us all updated!

    ReplyDelete