Sunday, September 14, 2008

An Every Day Day


My mother said she enjoys the "every day" posts about our lives, so as yesterday was a typical day when we're at home, I thought I'd take a few photos. Due to the Hurricane Ike, Austin had lots of crazy wind (but that's it), which brought everyone in the neighborhood outside, and they played hard. Jackson usually has a "quiet time" in his room from about 1-3, but he was having so much fun w/Jacob I let him play through it while Harry napped. I even took several videos of the neighborhood kids, only to discover that the cover on the lens never opened, which happens a lot. It's getting about time for a new camera. I did housework, cooked, talked to the neighbor moms, and read, while Matthew worked in his office here at home. Typical day.

Then to distract Jackson from his heat headache & all the bruises and scrapes he'd received (which made for bathtime trauma - the water touched him!), we let them watch a movie until bedtime. Okay, so this isn't a "typical" activity, but I thought it captured where they are right now - Jackson zoned in, Harry interacting. . .
(video missing)
How I wish our "every day" lives involved all of you!
With love from a still very hot Austin,
Ruthie

5 comments:

  1. Are they watching 'Pooh's Heffalump Adventure'? We just got that this weekend for B as a special treat. That would be too funny...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you nailed it! My mom got that for Jackson the week Harry was born when he saw it in the check-out line at the grocery store. It's cute. J and B will have to talk Heffalumps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say? When it comes to Heffalumps, B has made sure I'm well versed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed that Jackson isn't yelling at Harry to get out of the way... What a fun "ordinary" day.

    ReplyDelete