Friday, September 26, 2008

I love student housing


The Mommy Brigade - Me w/ boys, Kristin w/Eric, Katharine w/Jacob & Seth, Brigid w/Elliot, Natana w/twins Alora & Rowan, Amanda w/Emily.

My friend Katharine and I take regular walks, and lately other neighbors have been joining us. The other day we had record numbers. When we arrived home Katharine and I took turns watching each other's kids outside while we took showers, later I ran to the library to pick up our book club books while she watched Jackson, and now I'm watching Jacob & Grace while she runs to the grocery. Tonight M & I are taking a date while friend/neighbor Betsy stays with our sleeping boys. I am constantly thankful for this provision of the Lord. It can't be beat!

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for neighbors taking care of each other too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing! From one young mom to another--truly amazing to have an arrangement like that!! It surely makes up for not having a privacy fence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and we also share pictures right? i'm stealing your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those grad student days CANNOT be beat, Ruthie. I am so glad you have such a wonderful community there!

    ReplyDelete