Sunday, May 20, 2007

More friends to miss

We've been doing a series of goodbye dinners with friends up here, and of course our last dinner is the only picture we've taken (thanks to Sarah being here). I've begun seeing this blog more and more as an archiving spot, to be able to look back and see that time of our lives, an evolving photo album.

This is Jeff & Erica, Owen & Emily Johnson. Jeff and I went to Baylor together; we met the first week there and remained friends throughout the four years. When Matthew and I were dating, he stayed with Jeff when in Waco (many, many weekends!). Jeff played the cello in our wedding and I served as a bridesmaid for Erica as Jeff's friend. So it was great fun to be near them this year. They are the kind of people you just like, easy to be with, honest, forthright, real. Jeff has always been a great storyteller (he's turned some of our childhood & college stories into just that - stories, ones that we didn't appreciate until he retold them), so his gregariousness makes dinner conversations fun. They would be in our ideal town - the place where everyone we likes live. It's probably a good thing we don't always get to choose who we live near; talk about a narcissistic thought - everyone in our town's link being us! I suppose the reuniting of friends is one of the hopes of heaven.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, they would be in our ideal town too! Can't tell you how I dread saying good bye to you this week. I am seriously tearing up as I type this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. Thanks Bethany. You've got me teary too - and it's only Monday! Why don't y'all just come hang out here until Friday morning? Bunkin' Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I've seen that expression on Matthew's face before. It's usually after he has one too many glasses of Fullers Londons Pride.

    ReplyDelete