Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Toddler Theology

Somewhere we've gone terribly wrong.

The only thing Jackson has gotten from the Easter book we've been reading for past month is "soldiers. torches. soldiers help Jesus. Jesus prays Noah." Jesus apparently prays to Noah in the Garden of Gethsemane. Apparently, the soldiers were a great help to Jesus when they came at night with torches and led him away to be killed. Did you know that?

Conversation with Jackson after my weekly Bible Study at church:

me: What did you learn at church today? Did they read you a story?

J: yes

me: What was it about?

J: Jesus born. Man happy. Man mad. Couldn't find him. Horses. I can't find Jesus.

me: Jesus isn't on the earth anymore. Even though we can't see him, he's always with us, but his body is in heaven.

J: Bruce Degen*

me: No, heaven.

J: I love Bruce Degen.

*Bruce Degen is the author of Jamberry, his current favorite book. I was surprised to hear J say his name the other day, but Matthew informed me he always begins reading it with the title and author, something I don't do (because, duh).

2 comments:

  1. Well, D reads them all the info- including the publisher and publication date. (Insert eye rolling emoticon here.) We LOVE Jamberry here too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be a weird man trait, because Josh also reads all the info prior to the story.

    ReplyDelete