Thursday, May 10, 2007

Overheard


I keep kicking myself for not writing down more of the cute things Jackson says. Even in the evening when I try to remember for Matthew, it's gone. So while it's on my mind. . .

just now -

The dishwasher was "broken" (the wheel came off, and I mumbled under my breath, "I'll fix it later").

J: "I'll fix it. I'm a man."

me: "Okay, go ahead."

J: "I need my tools."

me, walking to his play tool box: "I think you'll just need your hammer for this job." (trying to avoid getting all tools out)

J: "No, I'll need the screwdriver."


earlier today -

We dropped Matthew off on campus, and when he had shut the door back home

J: "Hi, lady", addressing me.

This is one of the many phrases Jackson uses that are imitations of ours. Other funny ones:
"Oh dear", "Goodness", calling us "Babe" like we do eachother (and of course"lady").

Today is his half birthday - Happy 2 1/2, Jackson!

2 comments:

  1. That's my boy!--you've got to know your tools. And from the picture, he obviously knows just what he's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "Hi, lady." We are so going to miss you all.

    ReplyDelete