Saturday, July 7, 2007

Adventures in Toddlerland

We're discovering more and more each day just how quickly our little baby is growing up. The other day we were visiting Meme on Mt. Nebo and she had a rich, fancy chocolate bar sitting on the table. Benjamin went for it immediately and we found him trying to gnaw the wrapper off with his teeth. We dutifully instructed him that this was not his chocolate bar and that eating the wrapper wasn't the proper method for consuming gourmet chocolate anyway. And we thought we had laid the matter to rest... Some hours later, I noticed that Benjamin wasn't in the room. When I called for him, I heard a muffled "No!" I followed his voice to Meme's bathroom. He had shut himself in with the chocolate bar, chewed through the wrapper and consumed half the bar before I got to him. When I opened the door, he yelled, "Go away!" and shut the door in my face! I know I should've punished him, but I couldn't stop laughing and neither could Josh when he found out. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. So we see the darker side of mild-mannered Ben'in begins to emerge! That's hilarious. JRW's starting to show a preference for chocolate too (he calls it "dark"), and Ruthie's thrilled.

    ReplyDelete