Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Perfect Gift

OK, you guys made me cry! Sophie was trying to figure out what was wrong with me as I sat reading the blog yesterday with tears streaming down my face. I explained to her that I was so happy it was making me cry, and she said, "I make you happy, Mommy!" (She says that a lot.)

All that to say, you couldn't have given me a better gift for my birthday than your words of encouragement and affirmation. I understand that when asked, my wonderful husband let you know that "words of affirmation" are my most heartfelt love language, so I really appreciate the time and thought you put into celebrating me with words. I've been struggling lately with being positive and feeling "put together" in any sense, (the very least of which has been the dismal state of my toenails; I hadn't had a pedicure in Flagstaff since I moved here, so I splurged and got one yesterday, though I don't do the little flowers anymore, Emily!) So your words were even more poignant and made me want to be the person you all see me as!

I am so blessed to have become a member of a family that has welcomed me so completely. Words are inadequate to express my gratitude for each of you, though I try on a regular basis in my prayers. Besides, you're all a whole lot of FUN and at the top of my list of my very favorite people to be with. Thanks for giving me the perfect gift yesterday. I had a wonderful birthday in every way, and this blog post was a big part of that. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment