Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Forest Family

We went to a carnival tonight at Laurel & Clint's church.

First of all, this is Laurel in all her chicken glory. This costume has belonged to her church, Hope Chapel, for years and when they were throwing it out recently, Clint salvaged it, having remembered seeing it for the first time when he was in the 5th grade. That's how old this thing is; Clint's 31 (I think). Laurel wore it all day at her job as teller at Prosperity Bank.
And here's our owl and mushroom. Bill, the mushroom was in honor of you, and of course, in theme with our Family of the Forest:
Here is our mushroom caught on camera biting his brother owl:
This one I include to show Matthew and myself as Ents. The idea was to have an owl perching in our branches and a mushroom growing at our trunks: I realize now that I look more like a weeping willow hippy Ent, but oh well. :)

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! I've been waiting to see what your fun Halloween idea would be and I was NOT disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to see your brilliant costumes! I love the forest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Clint is 35! We enjoyed comments all evening from grown men at the church festival who remember wearing that chicken costume when they were in junior high! In addition, that costume was disgustingly dirty and hot, hot, hot. Yet not once did Clint become enraged with jealousy when other men commented that I looked hot.

    ReplyDelete