Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Report on Memphis Golf Tourney

A brief review of our recent trip to Memphis to see the Regenolds and to play in the member/guest tournament and Bill's (Regenold) club: Winddyke. When we left I had all coverage arranged including making sure no med-on-call patient would show up at National Park Hospital because my coverage there would get ticked. The only thing I forgot was to actually arrange for that coverage, ticked or not. I tried to call the usual help, but it was Friday and he is off Friday and Saturday (7th Day Adventist) and was unreachable. I took a logistic approach when I realized that the only patient who ever goes to National Park is Bertie Johnson and I had just put her in a nursing home, so I let it go but carried my cell phone.

The preliminaries disposed with, we headed EAST and:
1. Noticed an alarming deterioration in the outhouses serving the houses between the East and West bound traffic.
2. On arriving Bill and I went to putt and chip to get ready for the next day's competition, and I lost a brand new ball on the chipping green.
3. We were in my first golf cart wreck.
4. I turned my own keys into lost and found.
5. The only birdie I made didn't count.
6. The Regenolds took us out for our anniversary and we had the best spinach salads we have ever had, in the last 2 years, in a restaurant, when I wasn't paying for it.
7. I got a new wedge for having the audacity to show up.
8 I ran over my golf ball driving around in the mud looking for it.
9. we put all our extra stuff (balls and shorts we got, extra clubs, etc) in the car so no one would walk off with them--and then left the car door open. Not unlocked, not the window down, the door open.
10. just before I teed off on the third hole Sunday the phone rang. Bertie John was at National Park.
11. Sarah and I would get in bed and night and re-watch half of Master and Commander with Russel Crowe.
12. After a sprint back to Hot Springs before anyone figured out I was not in town, I went to National Park and Sarah went to clean the office. I had NOT figured out I had turned my house key into Lost and Found.
13. Arriving home well after sundown, I spent a frustrating 10 minutes in front of the front door trying to figure out where my house and office keys were. Sarah, with the only remaining keys, had gone to the grocery store until winter or spring, whichever came first.
14. I finally found a way inside. Turning on the outside light for Sarah I noticed the neighbors had left our mail in front of the door where I had been standing. On top was our latest DVD from Netflix.
15. We did not forget our pillows and leave them in Memphis this trip because we forgot them in Hot Springs so we got a good night's sleep and everyone lived happily ever after. The END BB

5 comments:

  1. BB, I read your post aloud and David laughed so hard he was drooling. Thanks for the update--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie: Mommy, why are you laughing?

    Me: Because your Big Bill is hilarious!

    Now I know why you don't like to go out of town, Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you had such a smooth, effortless, and hassle-free trip....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have GOT to post more often! I have tears on my cheeks and my abs are in better shape than ever! You're GREAT.

    ReplyDelete