Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rah Rah Rah!

For those who can't get enough of Critique (the most recent issue is especially good), may I recommend their website:  ransomfellowship.org.  They have back issues of movie, book, and music reviews as well as articles galore.  I really wish I'd had their current featured article when I was writing my thesis (discussing the notion of "spirituality" in the contemporary context).  We are about to launch a monthly movie/book discussion group here in Jackson and I plan to draw heavily from this site.  I love this stuff!!! - Emily

5 comments:

  1. We're fans here too. I especially love Notes from Toad Hall. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarah and I are reading the latest issue now. Thanks for the website tip, I had forgotten. BB

    ReplyDelete
  3. A movie/book discussion group, what fun! I wish I could be part of it. Cody and I were just in Phoenix on our way home from Boston and were missing you guys intensely. Oh, for the day when we'll once again live within driving distance...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And as for Ransom Fellowship, I keep thinking of people I want to introduce to their wonderful, thought-provoking material...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen this before, Emily, but whenever I see my home town listed somewhere, my eyes or ears perk up! (Rochester, MN was where I spent most of my growing up years.) I am anxious to read this and keep up with it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete