Monday, January 7, 2008

Epiphany Celebration

On Saturday we toured Sedona and then on Sunday night Cody and Keri hosted their 2nd Annual Epiphany Party. We all dressed up as kings, read scripture about Jesus as King (Cody pondered that at his birth may have been the only time Jesus was worshiped by kings on earth, as the King of Kings) and marched around the house singing "We Three Kings" bearing gifts that we laid in front of the nativity on the piano. I wish I had captured Jackson and Sophie marching with their gifts.

Guests Jeremy and Kacie with baby Evan and Sophie:

Gifts for the King:
Jackson's kingly shoes:
Keri the Gypsy Queen reading scripture:
Matthew our African King:

Me winning the prize for the "best use of a baby item to be royalty" with my sling scarf:

King Cody looking ahead with his cross necklace:

For dinner I made the Vegetable Curry recipe in the Cooks Illustrated compilation given to us by Bill. Everyone thought it was great, but it took so long that by the time I was done I was disgusted with it, so in my weariness over it, I won't be writing out the recipe here. Vegetable Curry was nice, but I prefer meat-based ones. We served it with yogurt, cilantro, peanuts, pineapple, raisins, and coconut. For dessert we had a marvelous rice pudding, with a prize going to the guest who found the whole almond in theirs (Matthew!):

Yay for Three Kings Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment