Thursday, January 24, 2008

Movie Recommendation

Josh and I watched a movie last night (Yes, in the middle of the week.  I'm sick again--what can I say?) that I thought everyone might enjoy.  It's called Sweet Land and you can watch the trailer here.  It is a great movie for a date night:  the story of a German mail-order bride and her American farmer husband.  It is rated PG and is refreshingly clean.  It is also beautifully filmed and the soundtrack is great too.  Enjoy and let us know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks. I'll add Namesake, which we saw in Flagstaff. Really great. Sure, it tapped into every fear I have as a mother, but it was good to confront those fears through the movie. REally well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee and I saw Sweetland and enjoyed it, too.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the trailer a while back and added it to my "must see" list, so it's good to know it really is as good as it looks. We'll move it to the top of our Netflix and watch it as soon as we return "Napolean Dynamite." (Cody needed to see the whole thing again after all the rehearsal for his amazing dance number at D&L's rehearsal dinner.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! This is perfect for us. My Norwegian and German blood runs warm at the site of it. And my memories of growing up in MN will be delighted that I've entertained them in such a manner

    ReplyDelete