Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Skillet-Barbequed Pork Chops, p.6 of Sept./Oct.

My conclusion about these Cooks Illustrated recipes is this: I'm not willing to make the time on an everyday basis. They always taste great, but because they're doing it the best way, there are too many steps for an average day. And for some reason my kids need attention (?!) and other things have to get done around here. So while I like having the recipes for experimenting or when Keri is watching the kids while I spend the afternoon cooking, they aren't practical for every day.

For example. These pork chops. Took forever. But they were really good, as expected, and really nice with the Helen Corbitt's corn pudding I love, and some nice green broccoli. So make them if you have the time! We had quite a lovely dinner this evening.

Even after I write all that, I'm still going to make the pound cake recipe in this cookbook tomorrow. I can't help myself. This cookbook keeps luring me in! Bill, Bill, why did you do this to me? I can't stop!

1 comment: