Monday, April 14, 2008

William Wright is born - no, really!

She'd had the baby 12 hours earlier and look at her. The amazing birth-giver, Simone Harris:



















I forgot to get a picture of big brother David. Here he is a few months ago with Harry on a Waco Day Trip:

an explanation of that name. . .David's father was killed in a car accident when he was a teenager, and William was his name. I believe it goes a few generations back. And Wright is Simone's mother's maiden name (and of course the name of her maternal grandparents who had a huge role in raising her). Hence we have Bill's little namesake born in Waco, TX! :)

*** Sometimes I forget that it's not just family that reads this blog anymore. A little background: Simone and I went to highschool together, then on to college at Baylor, where we were roommates until I married Matthew. We were bridesmaids in eachothers weddings, etc. etc. - a very dear friend!

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful -- what a happy family, indeed!

    And don't forget, Ruthie, that I'm related to Simone...though I can never remember exactly how...third or fourth cousins, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute family. she doesn't look like she just had a baby!you're so lucky to be close enough to go spend time with your friend and her new baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great, Simone looks awesome! I look horrible after labor. William is a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete