Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rehearsal Dinner

I've been laughing at my remembrance of the rehearsal dinner show for the past 99 days, and I finally got a copy of the script and looked at it tonight. Thanks again, everyone, for the hilarious entertainment. I can't help posting this adaptation of "I've Got the Horse Right Here" performed by Matt, Josh and Cody--brilliant!

“I’ve Got Bus Right Here”

1: I’ve got bus right here,
The morning route looks clear
So if you get the kid there, you’ve got nothing to fear
Can do, can do, I’m telling you the bus can do
If I say the bus can do, can do, can do

You know the route’s all right
I got it down to the light
Of course, it all depends if it rained last night


2: You want the 309
On to the end of the line
It’s a different high school, but it’ll work just fine
Just fine, just fine, this school’s gonna work just fine,
I’d say it if the kid were mine—just fine, just fine.

So take the 309
It’ll be just fine
You know the bus driver is a – friend of mine!


3: Now just a minute, ma’am,
‘Cause I remember, Pam.
She attacked my driver with a frozen ham
Won’t do, won’t do, I’m tellin’ you it just won’t do,
My guy told the boss he’s through, won’t do, won’t do.

2 comments:

  1. For those readers who don't know, David worked for the Alexandria School District in the busing department while in DC. That's what this song is about. MDW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the brilliant, Dave. Thanks so much to all the actors who gave their time, energy and talents to put the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete