Sunday, April 27, 2008

Jacksonlocutions

There was a request for some recent Jacksonlocutions, which made me reflect on why I've not posted any recently. The main reason is that what he says is increasingly intertwined with a set of imaginary worlds or scenarios that we don't fully understand and is thus difficult to convey the humor of on the blog. But I'm emboldened to at least give a couple of examples of what I mean:

Today at lunch (while eating bananas he had just used as laser guns to chase aliens around the apartment)

JRW: If a polar bear is older than me then I'll be dead.
Ruthie: Why is that?
JRW: Because a lion will shoot me.
Ruthie: Hmmm....
JRW: Yeah, it's a problem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JRW: Daddy, I can do Spanish.
Me: You can?!
JRW: Yeah, I can speak Spanish.
Me: Say something for me.
JRW: (starting to jump up and down) Ow! Ow! Ow!
Me: Wow, Jackson! What does it mean?
JRW: I don't know. It's just Spanish.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since seeing Toy Story at Uncle Clint and Aunt Laurel's, Jackson's been asking me if I'll be "Buzz Light Beer". It seems to me this has a lot of marketing potential.

3 comments:

  1. Well done on conveying the humor. I found them very funny. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similar to Joel singing Amazing Grace in Syriac, I presume, "Quack, quack, quack, quack, quack, quack..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buzz Light Beer?! Genius! I've been trying to figure out a way to market beer to toddlers....

    ReplyDelete