Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wrighting Jackson, MS

Despite dire warning in this space from Keri about the dangers of ever leaving town again, Sarah and I are in Jackson. It is still a little strange that Benjamin is in Jackson and Jackson is in Austin. Basic math would dictate that therefore Benjamin is in Austin. Aside from the math being off, I wasn't here ten minutes and I found that Josh hasn't taught his son the basic difference between a pig and a snub-nosed pink elephant. After a full explanation, I think Benjamin is still confused.
Then Josh figured I wear bifocals now. Off to the ping pong tables for a drumming every day.
Then Sarah thought it was home improvement-at-Jackson day. I opted for demolition: wrecking bars, hammers, rusty nails. I dropped a large piece on my toes, ruining a sock and breaking my toe.
I am now typing this in Benjamin's room as he has to go to sleep in a room full of monsters. Trying to explain to a three year old that he can't tell a pig from an elephant and probably is wrong about the monsters is harder than you might think. The math doesn't work out.
Now the battery is getting low and I'll have to turn this computer off and lie here in the dark with these monsters. BB

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Bill, you crack me up! So now I'm very curious about the demolition project...what did you destroy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackson's room seems to be full of monsters as well. He and Benjamin can swap stories when they're together next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill, Sarah, and Josh took down the (in)famous tikki bar. Since I've been home so much with Benjamin and Will, I've had time to notice things about the house that bother me and I'd fixated on the tikki bar, the eyesore of the backyard. I began to mention, casually and off-hand, that we'd like to take it down. A whirlwind of activity ensued and, before I'd finished my sentence, it was GONE.

    ReplyDelete