Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mom's Visit

Emily, I love those photos! Thanks for posting them. Sophie and Benjamin are such big kids . . .sleepovers and movies!

Last weekend, David and I drove down to Baltimore to watch my dad play in the Senior Players Championship, and then brought my mom back to Pittsburgh with us. It was SO great to have her here!



She was so sweet and flexible to live with us through a typical week (work, school), and we also were able to see a little of Pittsburgh (tour of downtown, Phipps Conservatory, Tallis Scholars). She was a huge help with our house renovation, reorganizing my kitchen (I begged her), suggesting colors and solutions to big block glass windows, (she's sending some fabric she saved!), a hill of dead grass (cover it with ivy!), etc. We dropped here off at the airport this morning so she could join my dad in San Antonio.

Here's a couple of "before" photos--one of the big block glass in the dining room, one of the kitchen and one of our (mostly) finished bedroom.






2 comments:

  1. Lynn, that is a lovely color on your bedroom walls. Things are really moving along up there. Sarah

    ReplyDelete