Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Daily Austin: Folk Hero Comes to Town

Well, Peter Yarrow decided to pay us a visit (he used the bookstore around the corner as his venue for a meet-up).

I forgot my camera, hence the bad cell phone pics. Jackson on stage, singing Puff the Magic Dragon:


Here Peter told all the kids to take a bow, and for some reason Jackson was the only one to do so or he was really early with it. . .

Peter did indulge in a political rant, as we suspected he would (Matthew had him pegged; before we arrived he predicted he'd place gay marriage among the most pressing civil rights issues of our day, and he did). He gave all the families w/ kids a copy of his book Puff the Magic Dragon (and yes, it is about drugs), and signed it to Jackson and Harry. And Matthew got one of his Peter, Paul, & Mary albums signed. A fun afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. What a neat thing for you all even if his political rantings aren't suitable for young audiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ruthie, I can't find your email address, and I wanted to answer the question you posed on my blog comments; would you mind sending me your email address? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete