Saturday, September 10, 2011

Two in One Day

Joke of the Day:

"I hear Jello has come out with a new Cook n' Serve. Instead of mixing with milk, you use rum. It's called Cook n' Swerve."

 (I'll give you one guess as to the author. Hint: It wasn't me or the children.)

So. I didn't capture the beauty of Carter Caves State Park (I only have my iPhone camera now, which didn't do well with the overcast, tree-covered day), but here's a few cute/blurry ones of the kids.


When I told Clemmie I was going to take a picture of her, she gathered these leaves, "fowers", to pose with. She now calls herself "Kim-ent"


And this next one I took a few weeks ago (also a dark, rainy day) of Jackson's soccer field, which, while not a great picture, gives you an idea of the mountains here. They're small (we're in the foothills of the Appalacians) and green:


Out of order, but here's our across-the-street neighbor Kevin (Keri, his wife's name is Kim!) showing off a catapult he built. Their children are both students at MSU. The back of their house faces campus. She is a professor there and he works at the local hospital, both of which they walk to:

Back to the soccer field. I took this one to show you the tobacco warehouses in the background. There are drive-through discount tobacco barns all over, but I haven't noticed more smoking here. MSU is "tobacco-free" for the first time this year. Our neighbor grew up farming tobacco every summer.


We got this desk from the First Baptist Church. They had a yard sale to raise money to repair the church, and this was leftover; they were happy for us to haul it away! (We visited last Sunday, but it's a no. Will try the Methodist church tomorrow.) I'm going to spray paint it and use it for my sewing table. Will post the after pics; I'm headed over to my neighbor's garage to work on it right now! (You see it in our back yard, but we ended up hauling it in there right after I took this picture.)
Love,
R

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, that desk looks like it has good bones. I want to see it after you paint it! I see a cord hole for your sewing machine. That's cool.

    Your kids look like they are doing great. I can't believe you've already established yourself as a soccer mom! Way to go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute of Clemmie with the leaves ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. those heavy clothes ya'll are wearing just don't look right

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for a sewing table! what projects are you planning on when that's all fixed up?

    is that hair on mc? she's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete