Thursday, September 29, 2011

Welcome to Rowan County: A Work In Progress


This county has so much going for it - and this is the best you can say to advertise yourself? "Rowan County: We're Getting There"

I pass this regularly, and had to pull over to take a picture for you (aren't I a good blogger?). Notice that, once again, it's dark and rainy. It has been raining A LOT here! I'm told that it rains more here than anywhere else in Kentucky. I wonder why?

Interesting side note: everyone from Kentucky identifies themselves by their county rather than city. Even people from bigger cities like Lexington say, "I'm from Fayette County."  We live in Rowan County. We're a work in progress.

4 comments:

  1. Matthew tells me he's never heard, "A Work in Process" - what's my problem, people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've never heard "A Work in Process" either. But come to think of it, it makes more sense doesn't it? Either way, your post is hilarious! Also the bottom of the sign: "Education, Healthcare, Tourism." Is the healthcare system a work in progress, too? I mean, I would really be more drawn to one that was kind of completed. Are they saving up for an X-ray machine? Still, can't wait to visit your county. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. St. Clare's is the local hospital here, right around the corner from us, and it's undergoing construction, so I guess it is "in progress". Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I love to take pictures of signs too, I think Mathews mom and I have talked about this before. Even though it's raining it looks lovely there. This could be because I have seen nary a cloud here in Egypt. I'm so jealous that Betsy can come and visit. I want to visit too.

    By the way, I don't think I have ever heard of "A Work in Process" either, but I am often wrong. Just ask Cory. :)

    ReplyDelete