Sunday, March 18, 2012

History of Korean Christianity

Keri, the girls, and I just talked for a bit. They are doing really well again, Katherine is almost completely well (just a bit of cough), please pray that Keri takes time to sleep and time to be still.

We've had gobs of snow here; thankfully I got me two limber pines planted yesterday and the week before. I measured 17 inches in the backyard, and we are supposed to get another 10 to 16 inches tonight. I hope to get up on the mountain for skiing next weekend. Too snowy today.

This is the reading I've been doing in prep for traveling around Korea when I head over there April 12, 2012. None of the articles are very long, and I found them really inspiring. It is amazing how God uses all different kinds of things to work his purposes.

Article on an early Korean revival and the start of the modern Korean church in the city that is now the capital of North Korea.
http://blog.christianhistory.net/2009/11/the_20th_anniversary_of_the.html

A highly informative historical exposition on the uniqueness of the Korean response to the gospel, pages 3 and 4 especially addressing political factors that furthered the Korean embrace of Christianity.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/januaryweb-only/105-33.0.html?start=1

A brief history from a non-Christian perspective.
http://www.korea4expats.com/article-Christianity-in-Korea.html

1 comment:

  1. Love all the info you have! Miss them so much. I've started reading the articles too. . .

    ReplyDelete