Saturday, March 17, 2012

Keri and the girls continue to do well overall, though emotions tend to vary depending on how frustrating the cultural exchanges have been (Keri tells me this is very typical of "culture shock"). Probably the most frustrating issue remains what they are supposed to be doing there, as the school administrators don't want them to help out with things such as marketing. This past week, though, they had three Korean kids, one of whom Sophie really bonded with, and things seemed to go well at school. The major hiccup was that one of the kids brought a GI illness with him and Katherine got sick requiring a doctor's visit ($14 total) and some antibiotics; she is now feeling much better, after some sleepless nights for Keri, cleaning up vomit. Keri is bracing for Geri's departure next week. She will have three weeks on her own before I get there. Please be praying that God will be present with her, supporting her as she single parents, protecting her and the girls physically and emotionally.

I'm doing OK here, though I miss them horribly. I am keeping busy with work and planting, painting, and skunk battling. The past two Saturdays I've gone on hikes with our friend Robin in Sedona (with Keri's blessing), which has been really fun. Below is a collage Robin made from today's hike on Brin Mesa. (The pic of me on the phone was answering a patient call as I'm on call.) I'll be heading over to Korea April 12, 2012, but get to go see Mom and Dad for Easter the weekend before. God is taking care of us.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics,Cody! Aaah, we miss Arizona. We'll be praying for your crew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, praying for your crew. Love seeing the details with you.

    ReplyDelete