Saturday, March 3, 2012

Update on Korea and AZ

Keri and the girls made it to Korea along with Geri this week. They are gradually getting over jetlag and figuring out what they are going to be doing for the next two months. The girls are doing miraculously well. Keri and I are very proud of them. Keri has born the brunt of the change, unfortunately, and has gotten very little sleep for about the past two weeks. I am hoping the last two nights have been better.

The school seems still very much up in the air, no students are enrolled and so Keri's time will be spent in recruitment and, I hope, a lot of sight seeing. I may end up going to get them sooner than expected as she doesn't want to stay for two months doing nothing. She is still trying to feel things out with Young, the woman who brought her over.

The school building itself is lovely with lots of child-sized things, desks, toilets, sinks, etc. Emma was thrilled to find it all "just my size". Both girls are doing well with seaweed soup, mushroom stir-fries, and kimchee. They are living in an apartment on the 11th floor of a high rise, Keri has a smart phone, and they have a very new looking Kia to drive around. Overall, very well cared for. She has internet access on the phone, and should be able to get your emails, she can't make international calls at this point, but can get yours. I've found Skype to be the cheapest (internet to cell phone) and you can reach her at 011821047262045 (this is the full number, shouldn't need any other digits) if you like.

I'm here at home, relatively busy, thank God, so not too much time to be lonely. The house sure does feel empty though. I've made a nice long to do list including reading (just finished a Sayers mystery and am now reading Alcorn's Heaven), painting our pellet stove and the brick (Keri finally is letting me!), cleaning out closets and throwing/giving away. I suppose Lent was a perfect time for them to be away, heightens the sense of stripping, and is giving me lots of time with the Lord (and to blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment