Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Boys' Birthday Party

As you all know, on Thursday of last week we celebrated the boys' 1st and 3rd birthdays with Mama, Daddy, Laurel, Clint, and cousin Mary Eleanor, in town for Laurel's wedding.

Here's Harry asking, "When, oh, when, will they arrive for my party? Are you sure they're coming? I'm drooling for my first bite of cake.":
Jackson: "Gee, Harry, maybe you're right. I worked for days rolling out gingerbread men and baking cupcakes. Is it all for naught?":

This recipe for the cupcakes was quite good:

Cousin Mary Eleanor all the way from Tulsa, Oklahoma (side note - we had Jackson's 3-yr. pediatrician appt. a few days ago and he was off the charts for height. His 4/5 yr. socks are too small and he wears a size 10 shoe!):

Every chair we have here in Austin scooted up to our little kitchen/dining room table, and my Dad eating half a loaf of bread:

I asked Clint to take this next picture because it demonstrates a fundamental difference between my and Matthew's approach to work. My gingerbread men are on the right. I figured out a good system and then started to crank them out factory-style. Matthew, on the other hand, spend the same amount of time detailing two to perfection. Jackson's are on the top, done, um, toddler-style. :)
We wish you could have been there too!

3 comments:

  1. Impressive decorating of the gingerbread family. Wish we could have been there too. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! Way to grow up right, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Ina Garten make those cupcakes on the Food Network. They looked great and now I'll have to try them too. Cupcakes are all the rage these days... maybe I'll have them for my birthday too.

    ReplyDelete