Saturday, November 3, 2007

Bucks for bangs

Dave and Lynn, this is all for you. After numerous partially successful or failed attempts to cut Soph's hair, we have turned to our family's pro, Kathy, of Red 115 Salon. She is trying to undo the ravages I wrought on Sophie's hair in time for your wedding. She is definitely feeling the pressure and rubbing it in every time I get my hair cut.

I invite you to marvel at Kathy's technique--I have no idea how she does it. You will notice Soph keeps absolutely still and even seems to enjoy the process. Despite the familiarity and seeming safety of her own bathroom, at home Sophie screamed and screamed whenever I took more than one cut an hour and would always turn abruptly into the scissors (forcing us to use this horrible, blunted pair to keep from poking her eye out). Kathy has been pulling her hair into shape and I know Sophie will be the perfect little flower girl in time for December. We can't wait!!


5 comments:

  1. I think the screaming at home certainly has something to do with Sophie's age at the time. It's been a while since we tried it here, and she's getting so much more mature these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually though kids do better for someone they don't know as well as Mama or Daddy. I did some major screwups on hair. It's a mother's prerogative. Just kidding, Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dread cutting Anna's hair. I can do the boys, but can I do A's? It's one of the rare times our boys get to watch a movie- that keeps their heads straight ahead and still. There is a bonus to the "dumb" look brought on by television! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! How do you edit posts? Now it looks like something really had to be removed. :)

    What I meant to write was that I don't think there is anything a person can do to Sophie's hair to make her un-adorable. Even w/ a shaved head, she'd be a perfect flowergirl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lynn. We think so too.
    C And K

    ReplyDelete