Saturday, December 13, 2008

BB Hall of Fame

To my family: I have just read the HoF again and it is really fun. I want to thank everyone who made it necessary.
Sarah and I have been reading and remembering and laughing. It is so fun. I am surprized y'all remember some of the things, but lately I'm more amazed the I remember them. Over Christmas JP (wright) was telling stories at the table that Jack (Baldwin W.) had told him enough that he knew the names. One had a Bill in it and Jack explained that I was the Bill, which, judging from the wide eyes and stare, was news to him. The story involved the whole back yard being set on fire, the fire department, etc. I don't remember a thing, even after the telling.
It's tempting to add to each event, but I will add some info about the divinity that most of you didn't know. I didn't know not to make it in low humidity (the first time), and I wasn't sure how the color change went with the mixing. We figured out the the divinity was ready when the portable mixer broke ie divinity stiffer than battery. We would finish the batch, exchange the mixer, and make another batch. The third time the lady at Sears started asking pointed questions and we changed to snickerdoodles or some such.
AND the von Mises bookset. I'm sure you realize he is one of my heroes (with Churchill, Mandela and Reagan).
Thank you all, and to Keri for picture posting, This has been great. bb

1 comment:

  1. It was a pleasure putting everything together, challenging as it was trancontinentally. I wish we could have all been there to down some pizza with you, but we all enjoyed the stroll down memory lane. I love you and appreciate you.

    Cody

    ReplyDelete