Saturday, February 3, 2007

2/3 the first weekend

after having dad home for 2 months, we have come to the first weekend. Hospice does not normally come on the weekend and John took Mary Elizabeth to Jackson, MS for a cultural growth/tennis tourney experience and, with no one really close in case something goes wrong, understandably enough, Mom panicked.
Ann and Betty agreed to come in earlier, Lynn and David came in, and Sarah and I went over for a good time Saturday (today, I will go stay awhile while Sarah takes the travelers to the airport tomorrow), so things smoothed out. Not only that, but I took a camera and did the mandatory Wrightelectronicmistake:
I took the picture by pushing the off button instead of the shutter release and was surprised when I got home and had no picture of Betty to post so y'all could meet her. For those people in Phoenix who are a bit critical here I remind you that I know what Betty looks like and you don't.
Suzannah is over at the house cooking a pork loin with fruit chutney for what we thought was going to be supper but looks like will be an early breakfast. Let me ask those near the Atlantic who might be snickering: what did you have for breakfast.
All that said, it has been as good a first week with dad as can be expected, and a wonderful time with David and Lynn. Susannah is always an added plus. BB

No comments:

Post a Comment