Friday, February 16, 2007

Jackson's First - no, make that third - Haircut

You all were right. He needed a haircut. We finally saw it. The winter static made it frighteningly obvious it was time. So convinced was I that his cute little curl needed to go, I took some kitchen shears and hastily cut off the longest lock last week. Indeed, I did, and way too high. So a few days later Matthew tried to transform my "haircut" into a weightline, with the same kitchen shears. Hmmm. Needless to say, we botched his first haircut entirely, so yesterday I took him to Snip-Its (yes, it's every bit as obnoxious as it looks on the website), where he got to sit in my lap, eat a sucker, watch a gaudy cartoon while being handed a new toy every 3 minutes, and then, and then he got to deposit his hair clippings into a magic box that transforms children's hair into prizes. As if that wasn't enough, when we got home, Matthew told him he could have a sucker if he'd do Olan Mills poses for the camera.




2 comments:

  1. My favorite pose is the one with his hand under his chin. Jackson, you're on the cusp of a Hollywood career--I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie,
    That Snip-Its place is the most awful thing I've ever seen. My condolences.
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete